The best Linux distribution.Antony Peel
Ubuntu is the most used Linux distribution in the world, an open source operating system equipped with the most advanced free software of the moment, and optimised so that users can enjoy a comfortable and intuitive experience.
Installed on millions of computers, laptops and servers all over the world.
The best open source software
Ubuntu's secret weapon is its complete collection of native tools and programs, in other words, applications that are added to the system by default, which include all sorts of web browsers, disc burners, multimedia players, office suites and even online storage services:
- Mozilla Firefox web browser. Chrome and Baidu are also available.
- LibreOffice office suite, compatible with Microsoft Office.
- Includes the Empathy chat client and the Thunderbird email client. Compatible with Skype.
- Several multimedia players: Banshee, Rhythmbox, VLC and Totem.
- GIMP and InkScape graphical editors.
- Video edition software such as PiTiVi and Movie Player, or 3D modelling software like Blender.
- Ubuntu One, a cloud storage platform integrated into the OS.
- New Steam version for Linux, the leading game distribution system.
Unity continues to be Ubuntu's desktop environment in its 13.04 Raring Ringtail version, although it has undergone different improvements and modifications, with a redesigned application launcher with new icons, animations and enhanced effects or an improved Ubutu One integration.
Welcome to the mobile era
Ubuntu includes a previous version of the new SDK for developers that contributes greatly towards the imminent arrival of the version for mobiles and tablets. Many details make us sense that the integration with these devices is progressing.
The great community of users behind Ubuntu makes it an alternative with a growing presence in corporate and domestic environments. In Ubuntu you'll find the utilities you were looking for. Download Ubuntu for free!
Innovations of the latest version
- New kernel 3.8.
- Firefox 24 as the default browser.
- LibreOffice updated to version 4.1.
- New graphical tool called upstart-monitor allows you to monitor real-time events.
- The keyboard configuration and selection indicators have been renovated, as well the time and date indicator.
- 19 new wallpapers.
Improve the aspct of Windows XP, and make it look like Ubuntu